Sunday, January 30, 2005

Long time no post!

Yes, I'm still running the marathon. I haven't quit, Deb and I have been in Colorado for the week skiing, so I haven't had a chance to update. I have to admit that I didn't get a lot of running in in Vail. One 4-miler and one 3-miler on the treadmill. It's like running with a plastic bag over your head. Can't seem to catch your breath at that altitude. Okay, so not very impressive mileage, but I consider 5 days of downhill skiing as cross-training. Yeah, that's it, cross-training.
Got home last night and today I did a long overdue long run. I managed 2 1/2 hours which should be around 15 miles. In case you live in a cave, Boston has about 30 inches of snow on the ground. They are amazingly good about clearing sidewalks and at least one side of the Charles River Run was open today. The river is completely frozen over and the snow makes a beautiful back drop for the city. It is not so great to run in though. You get wet cold feet and have to run in a maze through the snow banks. Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home