Monday, January 03, 2005

More Pain

Today's run was 58 minutes. I don't really know how far I run. I go more by time than mileage. I just assume that I run about a 10 minute mile, so today has to be around 6 miles. Told you I was a plodder.
In actual fact, the two half marathons I did were at about a 9 to 9 1/2 minute mile pace, so I am assuming the same for the marathon. I train as if I were doing 10 minute miles and if I am going faster then the marathon will seem short. I suppose if I am running slower, then I am going to be really bummmed out!
My wife is a little more Zen about it. She just goes and runs and has now idea how far or where she is going or how long she is gone for. She just runs until she has had enough and then comes home. Come to think about it, she is more Zen about everything.
BTW - if you want to support my charity run, click on the link. Every little bit helps. Thanks!!
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/tim_williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home