Sunday, January 02, 2005

Running in Boston

In 2004 my wife and I moved to Boston. Both avid runners, we set about tackling the streets of Boston to maintain our mileage and our sanity. After all Boston is home of the Boston Marathon, the oldest and most prestigious marathon in the business, surely it must be great to run here. Well while at work I found out that I could run the Boston Marathon for chaity without qualifying. For slow plodding runner like me, this seemed like a great opportunity. I get to achieve a personal goal of running a marathon while contributing to a worthy charity.
We lived in the South End/Back Bay area, so it didn’t take us long to find the Esplanade along the Charles River. The running paths there parallel both sides of the river and go as far as you could possible want to go. It’s a beautiful place to run. Running in a city is a great way to explore. Arbitrary paths lead you to a treasure trove of streets and sites that highlight this most beautiful and fascinating historical city of Boston. This blog will be my collection of my running excursions and trials and tribulations in achieving my goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home