Sunday, February 27, 2005

Feel the Pain

It's been a long time since the last update, but rest assured I am still training. Thursday I did my long run for the week. I am on call this weekend and it is a little risky setting out for a three hour run and worrying about getting paged in the middle. I was also worried about the 6 inches of snow Boston was supposed to get on Thursday night, but I guess that was a needless concern since they had the streets and sidewalks cleared in no time.
You'll be glad to hear the run went well. I went for 3 hours and 15 minutes, which I think was about 20 miles. It did not hurt nearly as badly as the last long run two weeks ago. I was actually functional afterwards. I did manage to get a blister though. Bad socks were the culprit.
I have taken a couple of days off since my knees and left ankle are aching and because of call. I will do a light run today, probably on the treadmill, or cross-train. Monday it is back to it. Next weekend is a short long-run. Yeah I know how that sounds. The following will be my longest of 22 and then I will start ramping down, doing a 20 mile race about 3 weeks before the marathon.
Thanks for the donations that are trickling in. Keep 'em coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home