Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Kittery Run

This weekend marked the final long training run before Boston. It's only 3 weeks away!!
I did the 20 mile East Coast race from Kittery Maine, through New Hampshire along the coast to Massachusetts. I was pretty please with how it went. I finished in 3 hours and 3 minutes, just short of my goal of 3 minutes or a 9 minute mile. I don't think I will be able to sustain that pace for the marathon, but I am fairly confident of coming in under my goal of 4 hours and 20 minutes. Of course the marathon has a lot more hills, and to be sure, at the end of last weekend's race, I couldn't imagine doing another 6.2 miles. Still more training to go.
Deb ran the 10 mile portion of the race, and did great despite her hamstring pull. Our friends Tonya and Brian also ran the race and trounced me soundly. They too are running the marathon. Wish us all luck, and please, please donate. Many thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home