Sunday, March 13, 2005

Running Hard Now

OK, forgive the Rocky reference. Longest run of training is now officially over! I ran for 3 and a half hours which I reckon to be 21 or 22 miles. I took the commuter rail out to Framinham which is on the marathon route at about mile 6 and ran back through the beautiful towns of Natick and Welsley. Very pretty run at first with soft white snow everywhere. It was a little warm though and the trees were dropping big chunks of snow the whole way. I was starting to take it personal as the clumps would hit all around me, one in front, one in back, and then -pow- right on the old head. I was pretty tired at the end. I was thinking I must be pretty close to getting back when I looked up and saw a road sign that read: Boston 7. I almost laughed out loud. Nothing worse than being exhausted and realizing you've still go 7 to go!
Stay tuned. Thanks for all your support and don't forget to donate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home