Monday, April 11, 2005

Taper!

It's been a while since my last post, but don't think that I have been slacking. After the last long run, I officially entered my last three weeks of training which involve "tapering" down the training schedule to recover for next weeks race. Yes, only one week away!
In the spirit of tapering, I ran only short runs of around 6 miles for the last week, no more than every other day. Sounds like a lot, but still less than I was doing. I didn't really do a long run last weekend, but yesterday I ran 12 miles just to remind my body that it is still in training. I have to admit that my knees hurt a lot, so I will be sure to be in pain post marathon. I will keep it simple this week, maybe 2-3 runs of 3-4 miles at most. Then 3-4 days off with tons of carb-loading (can't wait for the pasta) before the marathon begins.
I will update this before and after the marathon. To all of you that have supported me both spiritually and financially, I thank you. This wasn't an easy task, and it's not over yet. If you would like to contribute, please go to: http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/tim_williams. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home